Swallow Crystals and Laugh Prisms.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

panther women


After days of stressing out about this, and trying to think of some kind of background, the answer finally came to me tonight.  I've been getting inspiration from blaxploitation movie posters, why not model the cover after one??  It seems so simple...
now.


So that's what I've been working on for the past 5 hours.  I don't know why things take me this long, but they do.  
My concept is to take the "xploitation" out of blaxploitation, and show badass super strong black women kicking pigs' and other white male oppressors' asses.  I don't think there's ANYTHING anti-feminist about being buck naked, feminism is about doing whatever the fuck you want without sex holding you back.  That's not to say I support the fucked-up, insecure girls who reveal their bodies to receive male attention. There's a difference in using your body as a power-suit and a big fuck-you, and making it an object separate from your Self, 'cause you don't believe in that self, do you?

I've still got to add tons of other small figures to this, and figure out one architectural element.  This is my main compositional inspiration:

No comments: