Swallow Crystals and Laugh Prisms.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

more progress


These are my sketches for the Detour piece, colour studies will follow.  Stephen has been telling me a lot about African history and there is some of the richest imagery in those stories, so I want to put those in this piece.
It's playing off of blaxploitation and taking power back from your oppressors.  That's an idea I've been exploring for a few years.  I like turning the tables, I love dressing like the female equivalent of the classic 70's pimp because I feel like I'm spitting in their faces.
(how the title will be incorporated):
I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with the background, but it won't be a scene, it will be pattern or texture or flat colour.


Here is an update on the werewolf piece.  This is sort of an underpainting.
a detail:






No comments: