Swallow Crystals and Laugh Prisms.

Monday, October 11, 2010

ghosts of the old plains

progress on the sketch for serena's tattoo i'm finally getting on my ass to do (because i get off my ass to do everything and anything else). her phone call pushed me to get started and lack of friends and excess of loneliness pushed me to continue. I hope to finish this by the end of the week.
the visual idea is a fantastical archaic buffalo, a new mythological buffalo creature with scales and feathers.
it's helpful to see my sketch on the screen because it objectively shows me where there are problems. when i revisit this sketch i will skew the scales in a way that suggests the form of his body, move the right eye down a bit because his head is slightly tilted, and even out the horn size. everything else is going to evolve naturally.

in a (probably superficial) sense it's coincidentally appropriate that i'm beginning to reread Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee. maybe vicariously some vein of depth of connection with this land i cannot wholly rightfully claim, yet still feel, will grace this creation process.



In other news, the footage from Farflung/OGOD's Jodorowsky Bacchanal I danced at will not be released because there were camera issues. I'm still on the lookout for other footage but have yet to find any. I have been asked to dance in a studio video for them and all/any of their future gigs, so after they return from their European tour, you'll get lots more visual goodies of my liquid electric go-go!

No comments: